Looking for fun after school activities in Indianapolis?
Open every day of the week, the top choice for music lessons in Indianapolis, catering to both kids and adults, is the Indianapolis Music Academy. Our comprehensive offerings include guitar, violin, drums, piano, voice, and ukulele lessons.
As an after-school enrichment activity, music lessons at our academy provide not only valuable performance opportunities but also a rewarding system. Engaging in music lessons with us contributes to enhanced self-esteem.
Distinguishing ourselves, we are the exclusive music school in Indianapolis that features an award program. This program entails the issuance of certificates, wristbands for achieved levels, and trophies at significant milestones, such as passing tests.
Enjoy the perks of our free annual photo days and biannual music recitals. Unlike retail stores, we are fully dedicated to our students and the art of teaching music.
Nestled in south Indianapolis, specifically at 5703 S. East St. / US31, our academy boasts a fantastic team of friendly and patient instructors. These professionals bring with them a wealth of expertise, having received professional and university training or accumulated over 20 years of playing and performance experience.
Indianapolis Music Academy is a top rated music school in Indianapolis, Indiana
Request More INFO
Lessons from 3pm to 8pm Mon.-Fri., 11am to 4:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays
One on one lessons for ages 5 to Adult
Month to month lessons. No long-term contract
We are a mile south of the 465 Exit on Hwy 31 between Epler and Edgewood Ave.
My kiddo has always been delayed in his fine motor skills. He still struggles; however, we were told this morning by a therapist that the guitar lessons are definitely a help. We didn’t put him in guitar for that reason - we put him in because he loves music and wanted to learn. His teacher has been so wonderful with him and they have built an amazing rapport. I’ve seen his confidence level rise in the year or so of lessons.
We have been very happy here and continue to be. I just cannot sing their praises enough - unless I took voice lessons (which they offer). -Jennifer E.
"My son's piano teacher is very patient with my 9 old year who had no experience with music or piano and this is what I was looking for in a music academy". -Keisha W.
Guitar lessons at Indianapolis Music Academy have been a great experience for our daughter. She has shown steady improvement and is enjoying how this has made music class in school easier for her. We are enjoying her having this additional skill in her life. Casey A.
Request More Information
We have been very happy! My sons have had an excellent experience with their instructors for guitar and drums. They have been extra patient and encouraging with my drummer. My guitar player loves his lessons with his teacher and has learned so much in just a few months. Highly recommend. Krista T.
"My guitar instructor is a very knowledgeable guitar player and has taught me a lot of theory that I was lacking. I continue to learn a lot with each lesson and would recommend Indianapolis Music Academy to other players looking to improve their skills." -Aaron F.
When you are searching for music schools, please consider the benefits of becoming an Academy student and find out why we are the number one choice for music lessons in Indianapolis.
12 benefits of becoming an Academy student at Indianapolis Music Academy:
1. Consolidate your music education needs at our facility, where we offer guitar, piano, drum, voice, violin, and ukulele lessons all under one roof. Ideal for families with multiple aspiring musicians, you can conveniently schedule lessons for everyone at the same time. Catering to beginners and all skill levels, our high-quality environment welcomes students aged 5 to adult.
2. Boasting the largest and most qualified teaching faculty in the area, we have 25 experienced instructors covering guitar, piano, drums, violin, ukulele, and voice. Our instructors, with performance backgrounds, university training, and teaching experience, prioritize making music enjoyable and fulfilling. Share your musical goals with us, and let us guide you towards achieving them.
3. At the Indianapolis Music Academy, lessons take precedence. We're are not a guitar or music store with an afterthought of lessons; rather, your music learning experience is our top priority. With dedicated studios for piano, guitar, and other instruments, we ensure a focused and accountable environment.
4. Our teaching staff is both experienced and qualified, having undergone extensive music education, including lessons, music academies, college training, and professional performance experience. We diligently seek out the most qualified instructors who align with the values of the Indianapolis Music Academy.
5. With a proven track record of excellence, our reputation is reflected in positive reviews on Google and Facebook. Unlike music retailers, our sole mission is teaching music lessons, earning the trust of hundreds of families through consistent, high-quality guitar, piano, violin, voice, ukulele, and drum lessons and all in our location in south Indianapolis.
6. Enjoy the flexibility of a wide range of music lesson times at the Indianapolis Music Academy, operating from 3pm to 9pm, Monday to Friday, and 11am to 5pm on weekends.
7. Relax in our comfortable waiting area, a spacious and family-friendly environment equipped with free Wi-Fi. With over 1,000 square feet of lesson space, waiting for music lessons has never been more pleasant.
8. Take advantage of our unique offerings, including an annual photo day with free sitting, digital photos. We're the only music academy in Indianapolis providing this service, creating memorable portraits for our students.
9. Our fully stocked lesson rooms come equipped with all necessary instruments and accessories. While we may have ukuleles and guitars for use during lessons, bringing your own is recommended.
10. Attend our free music recitals and special concerts, a testament to your child's progress. Unlike many schools, we do not charge recital participation or admission fees, capturing the moment with red carpet photos.
11. Enjoy the flexibility of month-to-month lessons without semester minimums. If you're not satisfied after the first month, we offer a refund for any unused lessons.
12. Our warm and friendly staff of teachers loves sharing their knowledge and passion for music. With no long-term contracts, lessons are offered on a month-to-month basis, making it easy to take the next step toward your musical journey. Contact us today to arrange your first lesson; spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fun and easy, step by step, lessons for all ages that go at your pace. We offer lessons on a variety of instruments for all ages. About half of our students are adults who wish to begin an instrument for the first time or to learn new skills.